[Histonet] clostridium and bacterial spores in tissue sections

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Sat Jan 14 11:58:50 CST 2012

Hello everyone

I need a bit of help.  I have to stain for clostridium and bacterial spores in tissue sections.  I have come across a few references to staining these on smears but not on tissue sections.  I did find one reference that used Ziehl-Neelsen to stain terminal spores from clostridium tetani.  Does anyone out there know if the stain they use in microbiology for smears will work on tissue sections?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC