[Histonet] Re: respirators and routine histology

kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 6 08:25:08 CST 2012

Under normal circumstances, I don't wear a respirator for routine
histology, as our airflow is very good.  I attempted it when I was
pregnant with my daughter...but it didn't last long as the mask pressed on
a certain spot under my chin and made me want to throw up all the time,
even after the morning sickness had passed.  After that, I passed
fume-intensive tasks that could not be done under the hood (like changing
the processor)to coworkers and stayed out of the room while they were
being done.

Kathleen

Principal Lab Technician
Neurotoxicology Labs