[Histonet] Look at me...

Sarah Dysart sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Thu Jan 5 11:16:43 CST 2012

I'm just full of questions today!!  This one is IHC...I have been trying to optimize a Caspase3 stain for several months now and it is still just chalked full of background gradoo.  I do all the blocking including Fc receptors...still junk.  The clone I have been using is, from abcam (ab2302).  I don't see the specific clone name listed.  I am staining human xenografts raised in mouse.  I get a whole lot of background staining making it very hard to find the positive staining.  The recommended dilution is about 1:30, but I have diluted all the way up to 1:500.  At the higher dilution no positive staining or background is observed.  Does anyone know of a good Caspase3 antibody,  preferably mouse monoclonal?  All the rabbit polyclonal antibodies are difficult to stain on these xenografts.
Thanks again =)

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics