[Histonet] Amazing

Sarah Dysart sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Thu Jan 5 09:59:35 CST 2012

I find it amazing sometimes when you don't do something for awhile how quickly your brain throws the information away.  That being said...I know back in the day when I was learning histology we used to make our own acid alcohol solution (now where I am had a butt load of Clearifier so I was using that up).  I don't want to buy that stuff anymore as making the solution is way cheaper and works just as well.  I want to say it was like a 1% acid solution in alcohol??  What was the acid?  For some reason my brain says glacial acetic...but time has made me forget.  Is the alcohol you mix it in 100% or something lower with a water content to it?  Please help my alzheimers =)
Happy Thursday!!

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics