[Histonet] NCCI policy on IHC billing

Martha Ward-Pathology mward <@t> wakehealth.edu
Thu Jan 5 08:30:59 CST 2012

>From what we understand from the new policy the cocktailed antibodies, such as PIN4, are not to be charged separately.

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Manager, Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Dept. of Pathology
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
336-716-2104

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rae Staskiewicz
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:00 AM
To: 'Clare Thornton'; 'Sally Price'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Dana Spears
Subject: RE: [Histonet] NCCI policy on IHC billing

Clair,

I agree that the cocktailed antibodies would be charged as a single test,
however, with the dual and triple stains, since these are technically done
with separate procedures, would not each antibody be able to be charged?
This is what we are thinking. How are others interpreting this

Rae Staskiewicz