[Histonet] Paraffin Blocks Cracking

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 11:50:13 CST 2012

Rapid cooling is the problem, but I do not think that -5ºC can cause it. The effect is more noticeable in large but thin blocks.
René J.

--- On Wed, 1/4/12, Brian foster <brian1975 <@t> email.com> wrote:

From: Brian foster <brian1975 <@t> email.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin Blocks Cracking
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 12:33 PM

Hello all,

I am studying for my HTL and have a question that has been a problem for me and was wondering if anyione out there can help. "What cuases paraffin blocks to crack ?" So far i have come up with it has to do the crystal formation during cooling, and I have seen some Histonet articles that say the block cooling plate at the embedding may be too cold ( less than -5 C). Can anyone confirm that is the is the correct cause of the problem?