[Histonet] Cutting speed

Grantham, Andrea L - (algranth) algranth <@t> email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 3 09:39:47 CST 2012

Teresa,
Don't trade quality for speed. I once worked for a pathologist who actually told me that he preferred that we took our time cutting so that the sections were as good as we could make them. He said that it took a lot of the stress of making a diagnosis off of him when he got good slides, especially when the diagnosis was a difficult one. He said to treat the tissue like it came from your Mother or your child.
I have worked with people who bragged often and loudly about being fast cutters and their slides looked like it.
I agree with the person who advised that you sit down and have a talk with the lab manager to voice your concerns. Everyone should be aware that you are going to do the very best you can while your co-worker is away, even if it takes you a bit longer.
Good luck with this!

Andi