[Histonet] PROBLEM GETTING GOOD SECTIONS FROM BIOPSIES AND LIVER BIOPSY

Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Feb 27 02:26:33 CST 2012

Overnight processing is usually optimal for average size tissue. Larger tissue may not get optimal processing and biopsies may be a little over processed. It is the nature of tissue processing in a general lab that does not have several processors with different programs.  A solution is to rehydrate after facing in the block. I keep soapy water( any liquid soap will work) to which I have added some ammonium hydroxide and pour it on my ice. ( ammonia is great for bloody tissue) for soaking. Remember what Lee Luna said, "rehydrate, rehydrate, rehydrate".

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Wilson A
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 10:29 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PROBLEM GETTING GOOD SECTIONS FROM BIOPSIES AND LIVER BIOPSY

    Hi,
       Please we are having problems getting great slides from tissue/biopsy specimens like gastric, esophageal, needdle biopsy and Liver Biopsy. Our pathologists are not happy at all because of this situation.
   I will really, really appreciate if  you guys in histoland could suggest some solutions that could stop the problem.
   Hoping to read from you guys asap. You guys are the best.

Thanks,

Wilson