[Histonet] Scope of Practice

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 16:09:34 CST 2012

As you point out, histology is a fundamental tool in human AND veterinary pathology and every clinical AND veterinary laboratory performs histology procedures/tests routinely.
In other fields of biology either animal or plant biology it is NOT customary to do histology studies of plants or animals UNLESS the researcher wants to study a specific aspect of the biology of the subject s/he is studying.
In this sense it is frequent to study reproduction histology or whole histology of small animals or developmental steps (ontogeny).
Other than that it is NOT a given that "natural studies/biology" include histology work, and they are the exception, not the rule.
Outside human or veterinary pathology, histology work is not frequent.
René J.

--- On Sun, 2/26/12, Bharti Parihar <bhartologist <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Bharti Parihar <bhartologist <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Scope of Practice
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 4:52 PM

Hello everyone! I am currently enrolled in an HT program through IUPUI and
am starting to send resumes out  as I encroach into the end of the program.
I asked my supervisor recently if there was a scope for this field in the
world of conservation?! She wasn't sure but recommended this site to me to
try to find any answers. It seems as though while biologists/zoologists
etc. are out there on the field studying the respective life form they do,
there would be a need for histology in there somewhere, but I don't really
know how that works in that realm. I'm only familiar with Clinical Labs
since that's all I've ever worked in. Any thoughts/ direction? I'd like to
get involved in that if possible. I'm looking for work in Calfornia,
specifically the bay area if possible. But as long as I can take the BART
to where it is that's fine with me also. I wanna make driving to work the
last resort, but ya know, gotta work and pay the bills so, if I have to
drive, so be it. Thanks ahead of time to those that can shed light on this
subject matter for me!!!
Sincerely,
       Bharti Parihar