[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 99, Issue 33

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 26 06:55:59 CST 2012

What is it exactly that they don't like about the biopsies? What type of
microtomy errors? Too thick? Chatter? Thick-thin ribbons?

Also, are the rest of non-biopsy tissues looking OK? And, are all the
tissues being run on the same tissue processor time schedule?

We can "guess" at the problem, but we need a little more information, to
make certain the Histonet community is giving you the right help.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
The opinions expressed are mine, and do not reflect upon Beaumont Hospital

-----Original Message-----
From: Madeleine Huey
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:42 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 99, Issue 33

From: Wilson A <wilson6848 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] PROBLEM GETTING GOOD SECTIONS FROM BIOPSIES AND
       LIVER   BIOPSY
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

    Hi,
       Please we are having problems getting great slides from
tissue/biopsy specimens like gastric, esophageal, needdle biopsy and
Liver Biopsy. Our pathologists are not happy at all because of this
situation.
   I will really, really appreciate if  you guys in histoland could
suggest some solutions that could stop the problem.
   Hoping to read from you guys asap. You guys are the best.

Thanks,

Wilson

Wilson,

Have you try soften your biopsy tissues in ammonium water (~ 10%)
before sectioning?  That's seem to work very well for my lab.

You can email me for more detail if needed.

Madeleine Huey BS, HTL (ASCP) QIHC
Supervisor - Pathology (IPOX & Histology)
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org