[Histonet] Surgipath Millenium VSP3001/Leica Vogel 35396 Slide Writer

Drew Meyer 41dmb41 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:32:10 CST 2012

So apparently this model of slide writer is no longer manufactured, at
least from what I can tell.  My Leica rep says they don't make it anymore,
but I really need to get my hands on one.  Normally, I'm not a big fan of
this printer for larger volume labs, but the way we make slides here at our
immuno lab is perfectly conducive for the specific design of slide writer.
I'm wondering if anyone out there in Histoland knows where I can get one
new or used.  Also, do you know if Leica still sells the ribbons that go
with them?  Finally, the ideal circumstance would be where we could demo
one here; you know how it is getting the funding approved!  However, one of
our Pathologists has straight up said he'd buy it himself and worry about
getting reimbursed for it later.  Anyways, please let me know if you can
help or point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
Drew Meyer, HT
CSI Laboratories