[Histonet] Does xylene cause skin cancer?

Jenny Vega histotech411 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:17:58 CST 2012

I am asking this because in my job we mount slides by hand, and my
coworkers don't like to use gloves because it leaves a residue of latex in
the back of the slides. I really don't feel comfortable mounting without
gloves because I heard that xyelene can cause cancer. Some people I know
personally has told me that this is not possible, but I read in some places
that xylene could a possible carcinogen.

I have already gotten contact with xylene in my hands a couple of times and
I am worried.

Thanks.