[Histonet] disposable blade system for microm 505e or

Joseph Madary patjnm <@t> gwumc.edu
Tue Feb 21 10:43:55 CST 2012

Hi netters, I have a system that uses full sized microtome blades for the Microm 505E cryostat. I think it would be cheaper to order the item I have seen before that us old timers used when disposable blade systems first came on the seen. The blade holder looks and feels like an old time microtome blade, but upon closer inspection is actually a holder for a disposable blade, then the entire "unit" fits into the microtome like the old blades did. So if I had one of those I could place that in the cryostat instead of using the entire assembly. I would prefer the entire assembly but I am as low budget as they get right now. Everything by hand(including ice bath, hot plates and paraffin dispensers for embedding). That will end soon though. Still hand processing, staining, coverslipping etc though. ANyone out there want to throw anything my way, sure would preeshiate it.

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC
George Washington University
Pathology Core Laboratory
Ross Hall, Room 706