[Histonet] Humidity levels and IHC staining

Jason McGough jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com
Fri Feb 17 13:24:13 CST 2012

We use the Dako Autostainer.

Jason McGough HT(ASCP)
Account Representative - Anatomic Pathology
Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills
2805 5th Street Suite 210
Rapid City, SD 57701
605-343-2267 Ext 127
605-718-3779 (Fax)
jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Rene J Buesa [mailto:rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com]
  Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 12:20 PM
  To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Jason McGough
  Subject: Re: [Histonet] Humidity levels and IHC staining

        A good auto stainer (like DAKO) with adequate amounts of dispensed
reagents during the correct periods of time should not experiment any drying
out on the slides. Adequate humidity is required to be controlled during
manual IHC, especially if done over a heated support. If because of any
reason (including not leveled slides) you experiment drying out, the best
way would be to have an open flat dish containing water but, again, that was
never a problem for me using the DAKO auto stainer.
        Which auto stainer are you using?
        René J.