[Histonet] (no subject)

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Thu Feb 16 09:15:18 CST 2012

Complete loss.  You can see patchy immunoreactivity in tumors with these markers.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> "Freeman, Carol" <Carol.Freeman <@t> utoledo.edu> 2/16/2012 9:56 AM >>>

Good Morning Histonet,

Ok, We are just starting up with MSI testing in our facility and a
question has popped up about diagnosis of these slides...  Are you
looking for a COMPLETE LOSS of this protein in the tumor, or just a loss
of some expression.?  So if you have a normal piece of tissue staining
uniform and then a tumor of that same tissue showing vague patchy
staining in some cells and a loss in other cells of interest are you
considering that a loss or not.   Does the tumor have to show a COMPLETE
loss of this protein...  Any answer is appreciated.