[Histonet] wrinkles

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 14:58:24 CST 2012

If you consider that it\\your lab is cold now in winter, have you checked out the temperature in the water bath? Perhaps it is too cold to allow the sections to expand. If the water bath keeps its temperature (about 45ºC) the room temperature is irrelevant.
René J.

--- On Tue, 2/14/12, wassan alkadhumi <w_alkadhumi <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: wassan alkadhumi <w_alkadhumi <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] wrinkles
To: "h n" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 1:44 PM

Dear histonet members
First I wish every one a happy valentine day!!!
At our hospital the lab temperature is not controlled. In summer it is very hot and in winter it is cold. When I trim the paraffin embedded tissue my sections are faultless . Now because it is winter I have a problem having wrinkles in the sectionsafter collecting them from the water bath. Does anyone recommend me to buy slide drying hotplate for the slides?especially for the IHC slides, if you recommend me to buy it at what temperature should I use it and how it would effect the baking time afterward?

Thanks
Wassan/Histotechnican
Shorsh General Hospital
North of Iraq