[Histonet] (no subject)

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Feb 14 13:22:16 CST 2012

Hey histo gurus:
Just a little twist for you. We are planning on doing GMS and PASD on frozen skin sections. Is there any change in staining protocol for paraffin vs frozen. We plan on fixing in ETOH. I have a co-worker saying that we don't need to use diastase on the PASD because there are already active "enzymes" in the tissue as it is fresh. He also said that we don't need to heat the silver for the GMS. Not sure why. These changes don't seem right to me. But I have been wrong before (Yes, I admit it). Thanks for all the wisdom out there floating in the electrons. We are staining for fungus BTW.
Claire