[Histonet] Re: Basis for Quality Work in a Histotech

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Thu Dec 20 14:08:37 CST 2012

I really appreciate this conversation because it show's an interaction
between different members of the team.  I sometimes think people forget that
there are other team members besides just the histotechnologists or just the
pathologists or just the pathology assistants, etc., etc.

The only other point I'd like to add from an LIS vendor perspective is that
the next time you purchase an LIS or a tracking system, or some other
computerized solution, that's the time you want to use to ensure that it's
easy to log quality or other 'actionable' issues  and that those same
indicators are easily available to ALL team members.

As others have said, quality has to be part of the process.  In order to
increase the likelihood of a system's use, it needs to be easy to use and
communicate.

If it takes too many sheets of paper, too much time, or if it's just a
painful process where no one sees any benefit, then it's doomed to a very
uphill battle.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369