[Histonet] VIP6 issue

Steve McClain SteveM <@t> mcclainlab.com
Thu Dec 13 13:54:26 CST 2012

I may be oversimplifying, but I see that as one of many reasons for controlling fixation on grossing bench,
Then rinsing in alcohol and starting in alcohol on the processor.
50% Alcohol has less surface tension than water and fewer air bubbles.

Blue sponges have a number of annoying artifacts including air bubbles and floating cassettes.
And are to be avoided in my opinion.
Agree w wrapping small specimens in 50mmx50mm lens paper.

Jamming cassettes together in processor baskets 20 to a row worsens air-bubble problem.
May I also suggest spreading cassettes out to facilitate diffusion?
Not more than 2 high.

VIP6 must have a progressive basket design.
All older models used a simple weighted basket top.

Steve
Steve A. McClain, MD
McClain Labs, LLC 45 Manor Road, Smithtown, NY 11787 631 361 4000