[Histonet] VIP6 issue

Brendal Finlay brendal.finlay <@t> medicalcenterclinic.com
Thu Dec 13 09:32:07 CST 2012

I've always used a lid on the basket when using the VIP.  If we did
not do so, the blocks will float around, but we have not experienced
cassette lids coming off. Is the lid or rack something in addition to
a lid being on the basket already?

Brendal Finlay, HT (ASCP)
Medical Center Clinic
brendal.finlay <@t> medicalcenterclinic.com
850.474.8758
http://medicalcenterclinic.com

-----Original message-----
From: Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:17:24 -0600
To: "Histonet
(histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)"histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] VIP6 issue

Good Morning-
We have recently purchased VIP6 processors. Has anyone else
experienced a problem with the lids coming off during pump in and pump
out? Causes the cassettes to float all over and be completely out of
order:( We now place an extra rack or lidon top to weigh down and
insure this does not happen. I talked with the rep. and they said they
had never heard of this. I know this is not a huge deal, but with new
instrumentation I don't think we be cobbling things already.
Thank you for any input-
Nancy Schmitt
Dubuque, IA

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The
information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.