[Histonet] Tissue Processors

Boyd, Debbie M DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Wed Dec 5 07:35:29 CST 2012

Excelsior>  Great workhorse.  Very little to no down time.  Less tech time needed as reagents dump and rotate automatically.  User friendly.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tim Wheelock
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:48 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Processors

Hi Everyone:

I am currently evaluating three tissue processors.
They are the Sakura VIP6, the Leica ASP 6025, and the Thermo-Fisher Excelsior ES.

I was wondering if people could give me their critical opinions and preferences on these three machines.
In addition to reliability and ease of use,  I am interested in people's experience with tech support, software, or any other factor-positive or negative-that prompted your decision.
I currently have a 14 year old Shandon Hypercenter XP.

Thank you,

Tim Wheelock
Neuropathology Laboratory
Harvard Brain Bank