[Histonet] RE: source for plus slides and labels

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Fri Aug 24 10:45:27 CDT 2012

We use the Leica Biosystems X-tra slides with a lot of success for Brain and bone.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bass, Caroline [cebass <@t> buffalo.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:34 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] source for plus slides and labels

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to buy super frost plus slides (or color frost) for adhering brain sections. Fisher is very confusing on this, and I don't really remember buying slides for $1 each. Can someone recommend a source for plus slides that is cheaper?

Also, I just started using labels for my rather low throughput immunos, I have a brady tls pclink printer, and the labels print well, but they didn't hold up to the xylenes. Can someone recommend a label for this printer? Any real world experience? Our protocol calls for overnight in xylenes.

Finally, any recommendation on mounting media? I've always used per mount, but a lot of folks seem to be using xylenes free media. I'm doing mostly DAB immunos, so any advice is appreciate!

thanks,

Caroline Bass