[Histonet] folds in tissue

Sheila Haas micropathlabs <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 08:00:46 CDT 2012

Try floating your sections on room temperature (in a shallow dish) water then carefully, on a slide, transfer to the waterbath. Sections will spread better when they hit the warm water.
Good luck!

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Manager
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.

From: Jennifer Sipes <jengirl1014 <@t> yahoo.com>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:50 AM
Subject: [Histonet] folds in tissue

Good morning/afternoon/evening Histonetters!

I'm having a problem with my tissue folding.  It's tiny folds in mouse tissue that are too little to see without the use of a microscope.  I was wondering if anyone has any tricks that might eliminate this so I can ensure that I'm turning out the best quality slides without having to review every slide I turn out under the microscope.

I'm using distilled water in my water bath and it's set to about 40 degrees Celcius.

All help is appreciated!  Thank you all so much for your time!

Regards,

Jen
Jennifer
K. Sipes, ALAT