[Histonet] Special Stain documentation

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Tue Aug 14 12:15:49 CDT 2012

Laurie-

Our Histotechs document on a stain log that is printed, and the pathologists comment "controls stained appropriately" within the report.

Nancy

-----

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:35:22 -0700
From: <Laurie <@t> blufrogpath.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Special Stain documentation
To: "Histonet post" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

How do others document the results of routine special stain controls to
be acceptable before reporting patient results (CAP  checklist item
ANP.21395)?  Do the histotechs document the results or do the
pathologists - or both??  If your pathologists document the results, how
do they document them?

Thanks,
Laurie Colbert

Message: 3