[Histonet] Tissue Processor

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 11:28:13 CDT 2012

We have swithched from the VIP Sakura, older models, to the Thermo Excelsior.  We are currently buying our 3rd and 4th units for the Histology Lab.  They have features we really liked and cut my our exposure to formalin and xylene by almost 90% due to the way the system changes solutions.  Due to the very gently agitation used during processing we were also able to cut some time off our programs for overnight and short cycle biopsy runs.

We stil use a Leica ASP 300 for bone marrows only as it is what need due to reagent requirements for xylene sub on the last two stations.

If you have any questions let me know.

Pam Marcum

UAMS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen - SMMC-SF Heckford" <Karen.Heckford <@t> DignityHealth.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:11:13 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Processor

I am going to need to purchase a new tissue processor mine keeps breaking down.  What tissue processor would you buy and why?  I would greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Karen Heckford HT ASCP CE
Lead Histology Technician
St. Mary's Medical Center
450 Stanyan St.
San Francisco, Ca. 94117
415-668-1000 ext. 6167
karen.heckford <@t> dignityhealth.org
                                                                                  Caution:  This email message, including all content and attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may be of a nature that is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have received this document in error.  Any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us  immediately by reply email.  Thank you."