[Histonet] BOND IHC instrument- anyone experiencing multiple heater failures??

Michele Carr michelecarr10 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 09:48:21 CDT 2012

Hi Sandra our Bond Max equipment is about that old as well and just recently we had one heater go out.  No other problems have occured, and yes we do dewax offline as well. We are very rigid with our maintenance of the machine and have had good luck with the instrument overall.
Michele Carr HTL ASCP
Medical Laboratory Services

________________________________
From: "Harrison, Sandra C." <Sandra.Harrison3 <@t> va.gov>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 6:51 AM
Subject: [Histonet] BOND IHC instrument- anyone experiencing multiple heater failures??

We have 2 Bond Max instruments and have experienced multiple heaters
getting contaminated and corroded underneath, with a particulate matter,
causing the heaters to fail.  Our 2nd BOND Max is 3 years old and we
have had to replace a total of 12 heaters (out of 30.)

The only thing we do that is non-standard is we have been dewaxing off
line, to save time.  Does anyone else dewax off line?  Is anyone else
experiencing heater failures?

We did a major P.M. 3 months ago, including changing the aspirating
probe.  That not-withstanding, we had to replace 5 more heaters last
week.

Sandy C. Harrison, HTL (ASCP)

Histology Supervisor

Minneapolis VA