[Histonet] Teabags

Jennifer Campbell campbellj <@t> muhlbauerlab.com
Mon Aug 6 08:18:12 CDT 2012

We use actual teabags that we purchase in bulk. We filter the contents of
our specimen bottles but instead of filtering into the teabag we make a
cone-shape and filter onto the teabag and then neatly fold it to fit in a
cassette. We are a derm lab so some of the shave biopsies we receive are
curled. Once the pieces are cut at grossing we place them on a wet teabag
and again neatly fold the teabag and place it in cassette.

At embedding we open them on the warm area of the embedding center and
don't have issues.

The key for us is we put everything on the teabag not in it.

Hope this helps!

Jen Campbell

--
Jen Campbell, HT(ASCP)
Supervisor of Technical Services

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or
otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only
for the addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was
not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it
or any attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.