[Histonet] Thanks again

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Thu Apr 26 10:30:22 CDT 2012

I just wanted to say thanks again to all of those on histonet.  The questions that are asked go a long way in teaching troubleshooting.  Also, a few weeks ago the question was asked about purchasing forceps. I don't remember when or who.  One of the suggestions was jewelry forceps from craft stores such as Hobby Lobby.  That was a great suggestion!!  I took a field trip to Hobby Lobby and found some nice curved forceps with ergonomic finger pads for $3.99.  Instead of ordering from Hobby Lobby, I called the distributor and was able to get 15 pairs for $2.99.  The tension and the weight of the forceps are good, and have a non-stick coating.  We will be placing them in our microtomy kits for next year.  For those interested, I also found Collins Scalpels (paraffin knives) at D R Instruments for $6.45 each if anyone needs some.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor, Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions