[Histonet] Aetna in-house

Nicole Tatum nicole <@t> dlcjax.com
Wed Apr 11 10:04:47 CDT 2012

I have reviewed my letter from Aetna and it reads," This change is
consistent with the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services recongnition
of CAP as an approved accreditation organization for non-hospital anatomic
pathology testing."

I have called Medicare and they state that they have made no changes and
CLIA is the only enitity they require to recieve reimbursment for path
services reguardless of location. If that was the case I would definitly
have to get my CAP. Because if Medicare does, it you know they will all
follow suit.

So, to any smaller lab. Medicare has not changed to CAP and CLIA remains
the only certification you need.

Nicole Tatum HT ASCP