[Histonet] Processing Autopsies

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 18:25:07 CDT 2012

Brains in particular need to be fixed real well If it's a whole brain what I've done is hang the brain by a mesh or strings into a large brain bucket so it's not touching the sides or bottom. Fix for few days then get you sections. I'd go textbook on the  3 mm thick sections for processing and don't over process that will cause them to be friable. Hate that. Try a few blocks a couple different ways and what kind of alcohol are you using? Reagent grade is fine. For processing well fixed brain I've had good success with a straight 30 min for every thing. Hope this helps
Kim D

I'm out :)

Sent from my iPhone