[Histonet] stainer and coverslipper recommendations for periodic use

Mandy Annis mannis <@t> usgs.gov
Fri Apr 6 15:34:47 CDT 2012

Histonet colleagues,

We are interested in purchasing an automatic stainer and  glass
coverslipper, however as only part of a large research facility our
histology laboratory receives sporadic use.  Depending on studies, our lab
may have several weeks or months of intensive use generating thousands of
slides followed by weeks or months of disuse.  Given our unique work load,
I am concerned that such periods of inactivity maybe hard on a stainer and
coverslipper.  Keeping that in mind, can anyone recommend a
stainer/coverslipper that can withstand inactivity and or that can be
easily put in hibernation mode until needed?  The stainer would be used
primarily for H &E.  Vendors please feel free to contribute.

Thank you in advance!

Mandy

Mandy L. Annis
United States Geological Survey