[Histonet] Molecular Testing requests

Breckenridge, Sue sbreckenridge <@t> caperegional.com
Fri Apr 6 08:27:25 CDT 2012

Hi all! Just wondered how other histology labs are handling this scenario. We've noticed with the increase in physician options for Molecular Testing that we are being inundated with requests from physicians for testing from various reference labs. CAP has specific requirements for reference lab testing and so far our policy is to accept request from physician after checking that reference lab meets accrediting agency criteria.  Now that there are so many, it gets cumbersome (not to mention confusing) when trying to write procedures for the testing and educate staff. How are others handling this? Do you request all new reference labs must be submitted for approval to physician executive committee or just pathologist prior to sending any test requests? How are you managing send-out involvement? Do you bill the patient (when Medicare 14 day rule not involved), or does the reference lab? Would greatly appreciate hearing from you concerning any processes you follow or insights you might have. Thanks!
Sue Breckenridge, Histology Supervisor
Cape Regional Medical Center
Cape May Court House, NJ

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, from Cape
Regional Health System contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED.The information is intended only for the use of the individual named
above and may not be disseminated to any other party without Cape Regional Health
System's written permission. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure,
distribution, copying or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
e-mailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 609-463-2163 to arrange for
the return of these documents to us without cost to you.