[Histonet] histology workload benchmark

andrea conard andrea.conard <@t> gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:58:08 CDT 2011

Hi histonetters,
I'm conducting a small benchmark study regarding workload distribution and
times slides get to pathologists, etc. We are NJ healthsystem with 2
hospitals but only do histo in one. We do 14k cases/16k blocks/year, 500
IHC/month and some special stains.

If you are a hospital or institution comparable to ours please send me info
about the questions below.

How many cases/how many blocks, case mix?

How many histo techs, Pas, lab assistants, pathologists.

When do HTs start, what time do the first slides get out/last slides get
out.

If more than one campus are pathologists stationed at all campuses or only
go there for frozens.

Is there a histo lab at all campuses or are specimens couriered to the main
facility.

How long is the histo lab/ gross room open?

What other functions do the histotechs do? Accessioning, send out cases,
filing, morgue, charging, clerical?

I really appreciate any help and info I can get with this project.

*Andrea Conard, HT(ASCP)*

*Pathology Supervisor*

*AtlantiCare** Regional Medical Center***

*Phone: 609-441-8168*

*Fax:609-441-2195*

You can emaill to andrea.conard <@t> atlanticare.org