[Histonet] bench marking histo process

andrea conard andrea.conard <@t> gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:00:22 CDT 2011

Hi all,
we are a histo lab doing about K14/year. There are 5.5 histotechs and six
pathologists. The grossing is done by one PA assisted by one tech aid.
Biopsies are processed on the microwave processor everything else gets done
overnight. Pathologists start getting slides at 9AM and have the last tray
by 11AM. We do about 500 IHC/month. Our health system has two campuses but
histo is only done at one campus. Specimens from the second campus get
logged into the system and packed up by an assistant transported by courier
to the campus with histo operations.
I'm looking for other institutions with a similar set up to see what time
their slides come out, what the start and endtimes are for the techs, etc.
you can send responses to andrea.conard <@t> atlanticare.org  or use the server.

Thanks for your help,

*Andrea Conard, HT(ASCP)*

*Pathology Supervisor*

*AtlantiCare** Regional Medical Center***

*Phone: 609-441-8168*

*Fax:609-441-2195*