AW: [Histonet] AO-860 Sliding Microtome + OCT Embedded Tissue?

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Sep 24 10:43:15 CDT 2011

Microm sells freezing devices, that can be used with sliding microtomes.
Perhaps you can get a machine like that.
http://www.microm-online.com/index.html under microtome accessories.

Another idea is using a table-freezing microtom, old style.

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Francis
OBrien
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. September 2011 18:03
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] AO-860 Sliding Microtome + OCT Embedded Tissue?

Hello,

I am a newbie to this type of work. We have flash frozen tissue in OCT
(Optimal Cutting Temperature) compound for some unique experiments
that we need to carry out. We want to use a AO-860 sliding microtome
to cut large slabs of OCT embedded tissue. Does anyone have any advice
on how this would work reproducibly and reliably on the freezing
stage.

Best,

Francis