[Histonet] AO-860 Sliding Microtome + OCT Embedded Tissue?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 14:33:13 CDT 2011

Unless you have means to maintain the frozen tissue frozen, you will not be able to do it because the tissue will thaw and sectioning will be impossible.
René J.

--- On Fri, 9/23/11, Francis OBrien <francisobrien2007 <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Francis OBrien <francisobrien2007 <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] AO-860 Sliding Microtome + OCT Embedded Tissue?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, September 23, 2011, 12:03 PM

Hello,

I am a newbie to this type of work. We have flash frozen tissue in OCT
(Optimal Cutting Temperature) compound for some unique experiments
that we need to carry out. We want to use a AO-860 sliding microtome
to cut large slabs of OCT embedded tissue. Does anyone have any advice
on how this would work reproducibly and reliably on the freezing
stage.

Best,

Francis