[Histonet] Audible Alarm

Matthew Lunetta MLunetta <@t> luhcares.org
Thu Sep 22 14:15:11 CDT 2011

Scott,

Yes our processor's are hooked up to an alarm (VIP V and VI) in the Clinical part of the lab with our home phone numbers for them to call. What we ned to watch is when a clinical person turns off the alarm. Ihave heard it is possible to have th alarm also hooked into a pager system.

hope this helps,
Matt Lunetta BS HT (ASCP)
Longmont United Hospital

From: "Scott, Allison D"
Subject: [Histonet] Audible alarm

Hello to all in histoland. We recently had a issue withour tissue
processor in regards to a power outage. Once the popwer came back on
the processor was in a power out stage and did not process our blocks.
Does any one have an external alarm attached to their tissue processor
that would alarm in another area when a problem occurs or a automatic
dialer that would start calling people. We are using a UPS back up
power box on both of our processors right now. I'm trying to see which
would be the best way to resolve this issue. Any help in this matter
will be greatly appreciated.

Allison Scott HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
LBJ Hospital