[Histonet] Leica cassette and slide printer ink

Harrison, Sandra C. Sandra.Harrison3 <@t> va.gov
Wed Sep 21 12:17:01 CDT 2011

I have been told that I can no longer buy only the replacement ink
cartridges for Leica cassette and slide printers.  The ink cartridge was
already an outrageous $411.00 each.  Now you have to by a kit for
$566.00 each.  The kit includes a replacement plate along with the ink.

Why in the world the replacement plate would need to be replaced every
time you replace an expired ink cartridge is beyond me, other than a
shameless scam to up the price on the already completely overpriced ink
cartridge.

Has everybody been told this by their Leica distributor?  If so, I think
a lot of us will be looking HARD at other instruments when it comes time
to replace slide/cassette printers!

Sandy C. Harrison, HTL (ASCP)

Histology Supervisor

Minneapolis VA