[Histonet] Uni-trieve, antigen retrieval for immunofluorescence

Andrea Marion amario3 <@t> uic.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:59:19 CDT 2011

Hello all,

Has anyone used the reagent 'Uni-trieve' from Innovex? It is purported to
be a universal antigen retrieval solution that can be used at lower
temperatures (65-70 C for cytoplasmic antigens, and 75-80 C for nuclear
antigens):

http://innvx.com/unitrievepage.html

The company claims that the reagent is a universal retrieval solution for
all antibodies and tissues (which is silly of course - how could they
know?). Does anyone have any experience with the product?

I am interested because I see that increased heat during antigen retrieval
causes greater tissue autofluorescence during immunofluorescence
stainings. My current protocol is to use 20 minutes at 90-95 C on a hot
plate using sodium citrate buffer. Does anyone else either Uni-trieve or a
different reagent/protocol for immunofluorescence stainings?

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Marion
Graduate Student