[Histonet] H&E

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Sep 15 09:11:38 CDT 2011

I don't know your specific protocol and what stains you are using (vendor), but
we switched a long time ago to CitriSolv, another xylene substitute and have had
not problems in our Leica Autostainer XL. We don't change the CitriSolv every
time and sometimes filter it.

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDR 214)
Massachusetts General Hospital
50 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)
617-726-6983 (lab)
617-726-1206 (fax)
msherwood <@t> partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of anuradha
shrivastava
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:35 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] H&E

Hello everybody,
Can anyone help me, In Leica autostainer we have after eosin 3 100% series,
clear-rite/100% and then 3 clear rites. I observed that during humid days eosin
was leaching . I replaced 2 clear rite after 50 :50
Abs/cler. with xylene. The slides were fine after wards. My question is , is it
ok to keep the last clear rite or I should change that too to xylene. We had
never used xylene before in the stainer. The coverslipper's bath is filled with
the clear rite.( xylene substitute), Please give your expert advice. Thanks .