[Histonet] Dako H&E Stainer

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Sep 14 04:58:14 CDT 2011

I have not used it but have heard some good things.  I was told that it is large (floor model?) and is best for labs with really large volumes

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Schaundra Walton
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:35 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Dako H&E Stainer

Hey there Histonetters!

Does anybody have any feedback regarding the Dako CoverStainer?  This is an H&E stainer with a glass coverslipper attached.  We are looking at one and I would be interested in getting feedback from someone who is using or has used it.  How does it compare to the TissueTek Prisma or Shandon Gemini?  Ventana?  You can PM responses to me if you like.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Schaundra Walton BS HTL(ASCP)