[Histonet] AFIP closing

cedarwoman <@t> comcast.net cedarwoman <@t> comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 22:04:54 CDT 2011

Hi Histonetters, especially Joyce as it seems we may be the 'same vintage' - but I have to chime in as an old-timer and say how sad I am too about the AFIP.  My histology career essentially started there. I was fortunate enough to have been trained there in Lee Luna's time, and knew the folks who literally "wrote the book" (you all know which one I mean, I'm sure, the Histo Bible). I was also at Walter Reed hospital - which also closed just in the past few days - which was then housed within the AFIP building, on the same floor actually. It sure makes me feel both blessed for such excellent training and at the same time "outmoded" for these institutions to be gone. There is little to add after that, but I enjoy reading the posts on Histonet just the same.

Brigit in CA