[Histonet] RE: need help with TMA

Helen Fedor hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu
Mon Oct 31 09:36:26 CDT 2011

Hello, Do 30 minutes at 37 degrees on a glass slide. take from oven and apply gentle pressure to center of block and slide complex, cool to RT and repeat 1 or two times.

Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Patricia F Lott
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 1:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] need help with TMA

We have recently started doing tissue microarrays.  The problem we have is that some of the small cores drop out after the first few sections.

I think my problem is in the step where we are supposed to melt the donor and recipient blocks together.  We tried 5 minutes at 37 degrees, and then  minutes at 60 degrees x3, with cooling to room temp in between.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Patty Lott, UAB