[Histonet] How to save dried antibody?

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Fri Oct 28 11:34:31 CDT 2011

I personally would not use it; you don't know how much loss of immunologic
reactivity has occurred, and that might affect your project data.  Buy a
fresh supply, if possible.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
Histology/IHC/EM Section Head
Pathology Teaching Program
University of Minnesota
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Ave.
St. Paul, MN  55108
612-624-7297
shive003 <@t> umn.edu

(Confidentiality Notice: This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
think you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and
then delete this message and any attachments immediately.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "sarah Tabatabaei" <sarah_taba <@t> yahoo.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 10:27 AM
Subject: [Histonet] How to save dried antibody?

Dear All,

We have purchased a sheep anti-CGRP antibody for our fluorescent IHC study
on human tissue and kept it in -20 for a while. It came in liquid but now
it's all stiff
and looks like it's being crystallized. I cannot pipet any of it. It
has hardened and looks like a piece of glass at bottom of its container. I
tried to re-suspend it with the same amount of glycerol, but the
antibody doesn't seem to be mixing with it.

Does anyone know how to save this antibody? How can I bring it back to its
liquid state?

Thank you for your time

Sarah Sadat, DDS

MSc Student, Dental Sciences