[Histonet] RE: Re: Seeking Beta-Amyloid not needing FA pretreatment

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Wed Oct 26 08:42:18 CDT 2011

Interesting....we see APP on frozen sections with 6E10, but not in paraffin sections after citrate HIER. We use the monoclonal from Covance, 1:12000 overnight at 4C.

Brett

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Imaging Research Fellow
Merck & Co., Inc.
PO Box 4, WP-44K
West Point, PA 19486
brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
T- 215-652-2501
F- 215-993-6803

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hobbs, Carl
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:52 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Seeking Beta-Amyloid not needing FA pretreatment

Be careful: HIER may expose not only extracellular amyloid plaques but also intracellular APP ( or...is it intracellular A beta ???? ;-))
Eg:  with 6E10.... it is directed against an epitope found in APP and also A beta: if you do Formic acid, only extracellular plaques are positive...after HIER, there is also intracellular positivity.
In my experience.
Some examples of this can be found here, in the image gallery : http://www.immunoportal.com/

Whichever way you go....good luck.

Carl