[Histonet] Suggestions please...

Komal Gada kjgada <@t> gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 08:46:00 CDT 2011

Dear Histonetters,

I'm currently teaching Histology at a University, and I was hoping for some
suggestions on how to teach students to use a cryostat. I have several
questions:

1) Since we do not have access to actual specimens, what would any of you
recommend could be used as a viable option?

So far, I'm thinking either hot dogs or chicken breasts, but please feel
free to suggest what you think and why so that I can understand the logic.

2) Which post-fixative should I use and how long?

3) Are there any suggestions for the H&E staining procedure?

Thanks!
Komal