[Histonet] Best Paraffin For Tissue Microarray Cutting

Thom Jensen tissuearray <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:27:05 CDT 2011

Hi All,
We've been testing the best paraffin for constructing and cutting TMAs and we found that the Leica Paraplast Xtra was best for us.  It cut nice and the sections stayed  together well in the waterbath.  We tried Richard Allen Type 9 but found it brittle and very hard to cut.

Just wondering what paraffin other people are using?

We use the Beecher Instrument for custom TMAs.

And the Arraymold.com TMA Kits for constructing most everything else.

Thanks for your time,
Cheers,