[Histonet] RE: Atlas of laboratory mouse histology

Hinsinger Julie julie.hinsinger <@t> umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 3 12:27:52 CDT 2011

Just to let you know about the first answers:

-          There is an online atlas that was brought to my attention :

http://www.mouseatlas.org/data/mouse/libraries/SM202 <http://www.mouseatlas.org/data/mouse/libraries/SM202>

-           And most referred book was Atlas of Mouse Development by Matthew H. Kaufman with a revised edition, printed in 2002. (Good for mouse embryo stages)

I might have another question: As for adult organs, is there a general histology atlas you refer to?  In our lab, we use "Pathology of the Mouse" Robert R. Maronpot <http://www.amazon.ca/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=books-ca&field-author=Robert%20R.%20Maronpot>

As we work on both human and mouse tissues, I have found a new book that might be interesting "Comparative Anatomy and Histology: A Mouse and Human Atlas" Have you heard about it? It will be released in December 2011.

http://www.amazon.ca/Comparative-Anatomy-Histology-Expert-Consult/dp/0123813611/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317661829&sr=1-1

It aims at the new mouse investigator as well as medical and veterinary pathologists who need to expand their knowledge base into comparative anatomy and histology. It guides the reader through normal mouse anatomy and histology using direct comparison to the human. The side by side comparison of mouse and human tissues highlight the unique biology of the mouse, which has great impact on the validation of mouse models of human disease.

Seems great! I don't know...

Julie