[Histonet] Re: Woelcke"s Myelin Sheath method

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Mon Nov 28 17:38:49 CST 2011

You wrote:

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I was wondering if anyone has

any experience with the Woelcke Myelin Stain.  A researcher is trying to

use it to identify damaged neurons in brain sections.  I have found one

article with a rough procedure, but any other help anyone has would be

great!  Thanks!

Erin Sarricks

Erin,

If you contact me, I will personally send you the procedure.   It was called
Lee Luna Woelcke Myelin Sheath method in a publication I found.  I will scan
the method and send to you in pdf format IF you email me.  Pretty simple to
do but hopefully John Kiernan, a myelin staining expert will make
suggestions too.   He wrote a fantastic review of myelin staining about 6
years ago that is classic tutorial on the subject.   This was published in
Journal of Histotechnology, and can be accessed online by NSH members free
of charge.  If you go to Google Scholar, you can pick up this publication
Cereb. Cortex (1997) 7 (2): 166-177. doi: 10.1093/cercor/7.2.166   Or merely
cut and paste the whole DOI link into Google to get free pdf/full text
article.

Gayle Callis

HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)

Bozeman MT