[Histonet] standard operating procedure H&E

Sarah Dysart sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Wed Nov 23 09:04:40 CST 2011

Usually now I only run an H&E control when I get a new lot of hematoxylin or eosin to make sure the stain is good.  In other labs (especially if they are a strict GLP lab) I have run a control daily.  I think it is just dependent on how strict your QA department is.

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Corrie Vernick
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:52 AM
To: Histonet Lists Help
Subject: [Histonet] standard operating procedure H&E

Hi,

I am a student and I am working on an assignment writing a mock SOP for the H & E staining procedure, both progressive and regressive. One heading of the SOP is control. I read the book and tried to google for a good answer as to what this part of the SOP entails. I know that controls are run to make sure that the slides are staining properly before new reagents are used on patient tissue. I am wondering if  what I should be putting under the control heading of the SOP is that a control should be run after every stain or reagent change, or if there is something I am missing.

Thank you,
Corrinne Vernick
Keiser University
Orlando, FL U.S.A.